This case study is about how I elevated the ranking of a Google Business Profile from nowhere to the #1 position on the Google search result page.
Significance of this case study
Google My Business is a free tool from Google that helps local businesses manage their online presence. It’s a simple way to create and update your business information—including your hours, location, and website—and make it easy for customers to find you on Google.
We optimize our local business to rank for keywords that people search for when they need reliable products or services. By ranking for these keywords, we can make more sales.
Why should we rank our GMB in the top three positions?
You might want to rank your Google My Business in the top three positions on the search engine results page.
First and foremost, it’s great for business visibility. Being at the top of the search results means more people will see your business when looking for the products or services you offer.
It also helps with customer engagement. People are more likely to click on a link if it’s higher up on the page, so ranking in one of the top three spots can help you generate more leads and customers from your online presence.
Finally, it helps with website traffic. The higher your Google My Business is ranked, the more visitors you’ll bring to your website. And that means more opportunities to make sales and grow your business.
The objective of the Case Study
- To share why Google Business Profile is Important for local business
- To share how to rank GBP profile in the Google first page
This case study will show how we ranked in the top position in the Google search result for the keyword’ SEO expert in Nepal’.
- About 719000 pages were targeting this Keyword
- The Search volume of this keyword is 350.
This is the estimated average monthly number of searches for a term over the previously known 12 months of data.
My Winning SEO Strategies
- Included the keyword in the business name and description
- Created a dedicated page for the keyword and included the GBP map on it.
- Created the supporting post for that dedicated page and provided ‘reverse SILO’ internal links to the pages.
- Created the Google business page and provided a backlink to the same dedicated page.
- Collected reviews from our clients with ratings of 4 to 5.
- Used CID links to provide backlinks to the GBP.
My GBP profile ranked in the first position within 45 days of optimization.